Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Asus A7V8X IDE and SATA setup

This is a discussion on Asus A7V8X IDE and SATA setup within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I was wondering if someone here could shed some light on my issue. I'm using the A7V8X mother

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:32 AM   #1

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone here could shed some light on my issue. I'm using the A7V8X mother board which has the sata support (though from what i've read here and elsewhere i am questioning it's validity) And all i want to do is set up the system so that I have my IDE boot drive and a secondary, non-raid, SATA drive. There's got to be a way to cofigure it this way, but i just cannot get it to work.. (in the process i lost all partitions on my ide and had to start over.... oops) if you need any more info on my specs just ask, and thanks in advance for any help, for, my brain hurts.

~DarkFire

on a side note, it amuses me that ASUS has it's own mother board section
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You will have to enter bios, turn raid off, if not when you boot bios detects
the sata drive, and figures you have a raid array, when that is not the case.
You should also be set to enhanced mode, set bios to auto detect drives.
That should get you started. Ive never ran a ide drive,,and a sata drive
separtely like that, but I would think that it should work.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
Wink

The poster above hit the nail on the head / make your bios modifications / and yes they system will run an IDE drive and Sata drive in combination

regards

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #4

I've looked at the BIOS In search for the Sata settings, And indeed there should be a setting for that, but apparently no, this model is odd like thatm, many people have had similar questions regarding this model...but anyway

when i boot the system I know the mother board detects the drive, there is the Promise FastTrack376 warning screen telling me to define an array, But from what i've gathered, I'm not trying to define an array, since that would be for a RAID config. Am I to insall another driver or can my mother board just not do what i want? B/c It seems that i should be able to more or less "plug and play", but since there doesn't seem to be a BIOS section for this i'm just stuck.
Closed Thread