Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Asus A7N8X rev. 2.0 Sound Problem

This is a discussion on Asus A7N8X rev. 2.0 Sound Problem within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi there, Here I have this Asus A7N8X board that used to work flawless. But since I installed some different

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:30 AM   #1

hi there,

Here I have this Asus A7N8X board that used to work flawless. But since I installed some different components and a new and fresh install of XP and SP2, the sound just doesn't work. And I have no clue what the problem is. I am baffled.

Here is what I tried on a fresh Win XP no service packs installed:

I installed the driver, Realtek AC'97 Driver & Application 3.45 WHQL, downloaded from Asus themselves:

Doesn't work

I installed the nForce drivers, nf2v_116w98.zip, from the same location:
https://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...8X&Type=Latest

That doesn't work either.

Okay, so if that doesn't work, maybe the stuff from nVidia works. I uninstalled the previous drivers, are went for the latest nVidia drivers.

I downloaded the latest nForce driver pack from nVidia, the name of that is nForce_5.10_WinXP2K_WHQL_english

Installed direct 9.0c (it asked for that) and the setup finished.

Still no sound :evil:

Rawwww.

Okay then, it must be something else. I checked with a headset and speakerset (US blaster 2.1) all the three ports of the audio in- and output on the mobo.

Nope, the problem is not there.

Maybe jumper settings? I don't remember doing anything with that, but it is a longshot. Checked the manual and I couldn't find jumper settings for audio. But maybe I overlooked it on the board and in the manual.

So I went to google, saw some topics, but not one which could solve this frustrating problem.

Remember, it used to work fine, on Win Xp SP1. I do remember having problems with it a year ago, but then I managed to solve it...why don't I remember it anymore
So the last thing I gonna try: I will install SP1 after I uninstalled all drivers and install some old drivers. Maybe that will work.

If you have any ideas, tips, links to solutions in other topics or forums, I will be eternally gratefull.

Thanks in advance.

Roger
Netherlands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2004, 10:17 AM   #2

Check your BIOS settings (hit DEL a few times when the system boots) and go to "Advanced Settings". Make sure the sound is enabled.

Also, when you installed the nForce2 Unified Drivers from the nVidia website, did you uninstall the previous nForce2 drivers before installing the new one? nVidia states that it is necessary to uninstall the previous version first.

If not, uninstall the nForce2 unified drivers and reinstall it and see if that works.

If you're still having problems, uninstall the nForce2 Unified Driver 5.10 and install the previous version of the nForce Unified Driver.
Closed Thread