Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Anyidea what the problem could be?

This is a discussion on Anyidea what the problem could be? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi i am having a problem System : Gugabyte nforce 2 mb 3500+ chip 2 * 512Mb kingston 6600 gt

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:10 AM   #1

Hi i am having a problem

System :
Gugabyte nforce 2 mb
3500+ chip
2 * 512Mb kingston
6600 gt
3 hard drives (1 200 gig sata , 1 80 gig sata , 1 200 gig ide)
500W power supply

Problem :
I came home sat down in front of my computer and it switched off by itself , i tried restarting it and the lights and fans all stutter and nothing else. I removed all hdd's and my dvd writer , get the same thing , removed the video card and get the same thing , tried the computer on another power point get the same problem , i then removes the power supply and tried it on an old p3 and the cpu fan doesnt stutter , i do not own another power supply powerfull enough for the computer. I think its the motherboard. I built the computer 9 months ago and have made no recent changes to it.

Thoughts?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
Wink

Welcome to TSF:

Testing the PSU in a P3 system doesnt really give it a clear bill of health !!

P3's dont need much juice to run and are no where NEAR as finicky abou the consistency of the power !!

in as such as your fans are stuttering / I would suggest tring a good quality PSU enermax. antec, OCZ of about 550 watts

actually 8 or 9 months out of a generic PSU is about normal, if you can get that much ??!!

regards

joe
Old 08-24-2005, 09:34 AM   #3

i second testing another power supply. i recommend you go the nearest local computer store and purchase an antec power supply, 450watts at least the run it on your computer. then see if the problem keeps on happening. it seems like your problem is a power issue.
Closed Thread