Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Acer Aspire M3201 CPU

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire M3201 CPU within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Acer Aspire AMD machine (is called Dump as i found it in the local dump with all

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:26 AM   #1
Elite Commander

My System

Send a message via MSN to VividProfessional

I have an Acer Aspire AMD machine (is called Dump as i found it in the local dump with all of the users info still on it..),

Anyway, it has 4gb memory and prime for use as a NAS machine.

I have recently upgraded the machine to 4gb memory from spares I have lying around and I have inserted an old 1GB PCIe GPU to enable the full 4gb memory for the OS.
Not really knowing my AMD stuff I have a couple of questions -

1. The CPU is an Athlon X2 4850e 2.5 GHz (I think) in an AM2 socket. Can I insert an AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition - HD995ZXAJ4BGH 2,6gGHz QUAD-CORE Socket AM2+ into this board? If I did what limitations would putting this CPU into this board result in? is it just the fact that the Level 3 cache wouldn't be usable?

2. Is it worth upgrading or stick with what I have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #2
Elite Commander

My System

Send a message via MSN to VividProfessional

answer to this is - yes the phenom x4 works fine
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DAILY BSOD's FOR MONTHS-PLS. HELP!!
Hi Moderators: I've been having a BSOD problem with my Dell Studio540 desktop for months now and finally have some time to try and fix the problem. :banghead: It's my main computer and I use for business as well as personal. Per "JCGRIFF2"'s instructions on BSOD posting, here are the...
BIGBEARJEDI BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-03-2013 12:20 PM
Random BSOD and auto shutdown/ restart
I notice the BSOD trend to happen frequently when I have video/ flash running. I'm suspecting it to be a video/graphic card problem? Please help me to identify the problem. Thanks!
BSOD-loves-me BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 03-03-2012 02:36 PM
BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming
· OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Windows 7 · x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bits · What was original installed OS on system? None - Clean harddrisk bought. · Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
StefanP BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 23 02-04-2012 04:05 PM
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 fit...
Would an Acer Aspire X1800 model fit into a HP Pavilion a000 OR a220a case. (For some strange reason it comes up with both of those models on the case itself.) EDIT: NOTE: Reason for this is I currently have a G210 512MB GPU and need to upgrade, Which is why I'm also buying a new PSU. The Acer...
No1sMature Building 4 10-17-2011 06:07 AM
Acer 4710z support query
I am using acer 4710z notebook. I want to know whether it will support any TV Tuner Card (type LCD or others) which can be used to view DTH service. My configuration is Acer Aspire 4710 Series Notebook Detailed Technical Specifications: Processor Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile processor...
mdhar1 Other Hardware Support 1 01-11-2011 06:33 AM