Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Acer Aspire 5820TG BIOS edit help - screen not turning on

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire 5820TG BIOS edit help - screen not turning on within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Acer Aspire 5820TG TimelineX laptop with switchable graphics running Windows 7. Recently my HDMI output (and possibly

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

I have an Acer Aspire 5820TG TimelineX laptop with switchable graphics running Windows 7.

Recently my HDMI output (and possibly VGA as well) stopped working, and whenever I start the laptop there is a little horizontal line in the top screen when the computer boots the first few seconds while the Acer logo is on the screen.

I went into the BIOS (F2) and under the "Main" tab I saw there was a setting to either select "Switchable graphics" or "Internal graphics" or something like that. I selected the "internal graphics" option, and hit F10 to save settings and try that. However, my screen is now black, and I am unable to get the screen on again. I can hear the laptop boot into windows.

I do not exactly remember how to blindly navigate to the same settings in BIOS again, exactly where the setting was and how to save and exit.

I tried to take out the power adapter, battery, and CMOS battery for several minutes in order to re-set the BIOS, but still the screen does not come on. This is the first time I have done this, as I looked up how to potentially fix my issue. I also have tried to hold in Fn and press F5 (change screen button) when the laptop is on without any luck.

I would appreciate any help on switching back to "Switchable graphics" in my BIOS, or another fix, so that my screen will be turning on again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer Aspire black screen
High folks. My buddy dropped off his Acer Aspire E1-510-4413 yesterday. Basically a stock notebook running Win8.1. Doesn't show anything on the screen at all. Seems to be trying to start up with the HD light coming on once in a while and the fan going on and off. Can feel the HD spinning...
Trollenator Laptop Support 8 06-27-2015 10:04 AM
No access to BIOS, Acer Aspire E300
This is really weird. A friend asked me to look at his computer as he was getting lots of ad windows when surfing, etc. Acer Aspire E300-PB6T (Tower). Cannot find it on Acer Uk or Spanish site (I am in Spain, computer purchased in Spain). To remove the adware I installed MalwareBytes and ran it,...
bobbyg123 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 10 02-11-2015 09:42 AM
DAILY BSOD's FOR MONTHS-PLS. HELP!!
Hi Moderators: I've been having a BSOD problem with my Dell Studio540 desktop for months now and finally have some time to try and fix the problem. :banghead: It's my main computer and I use for business as well as personal. Per "JCGRIFF2"'s instructions on BSOD posting, here are the...
BIGBEARJEDI BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-03-2013 12:20 PM
Acer Aspire One Wireless only works after BIOS flash, but then stops.
I have an Acer Aspire One 532h Netbook which I bought just over a year ago. A few months ago I upgraded from Windows 7 Start to Home Premium and have been having problems with the Atheros AR5B95 wireless network adapter ever since. When I boot it up it will not find any networks (with the red...
AdrianD Networking Support 12 05-24-2012 05:01 AM
Acer Aspire 4220 stuck at BIOS screen
Hello: I have an Acer Aspire 4220. Everytime I turn it on (either with battery or no) it takes about a minute and a half to boot to Windows or to get into the BIOS configuration screen if I press F2. Tried to restore the default BIOS values and still the same problem. Anyone knows what...
robertin75 Laptop Support 6 01-20-2011 06:45 AM