Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

A7N8X Deluxe BIOS update

This is a discussion on A7N8X Deluxe BIOS update within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a A7N8X Deluxe Revision level 2 that I am trying to update the BIOS. It just stops after

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #1

Question

I have a A7N8X Deluxe Revision level 2 that I am trying to update the BIOS. It just stops after I give it a name to back up the BIOS to.

I have tried using Awdflash.exe that came with the mobo and the newer version on Asus site. Same results. Update proceedes just like book says until I backup old BIOS, hit "Y" and "Enter" for it to proceed. At that point it sets there. No HD activity. No Floppy activity. I wait about 10 minutes, power off and reboot and start over with same results.

I must be missing something but I cain't figure it out.
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 04:54 PM   #2

Hi There, I had the same problem. Tried a couple of things but could not find the cause of the problem the only workaround I could find is updating the BIOS from windows (not with AWFLASH) with the ASUS Update aplication. Hope it works 4 U.

TTUL8r
Old 12-28-2004, 05:14 AM   #3

Smile

Thanks for the reply Jetema. I may have to resort to that.

Tell me what level you updated to. Was it C18D1007 or later? If it was do you have the option in BIOS to boot from SATA?

Reason I ask is I'm running my OS off a SATA drive and I have to specify SCSI in boot sequence to boot from the SATA drive. I'm trying to add a PCI card and additional drives and they are also recongnized as SCSI and PC won't boot with drives attached to PCI card.

I need a boot from SATA option in BIOS.
Thanks
Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 AM   #4

Smile

Got it to work by using the Asus update from Windows. Didn't want to do it that way but it worked out OK.

I don't have the option to boot from SATA in BIOS but I can now use HD-0 as first boot option and was able to install my controller card and additional drives. It stops during boot with msg to remove media from drives (must be refering to CD-ROM as it is Master on Primary IDE) but I hit enter and it continues and finishes the boot process.
Charlie
Old 12-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #5

Nice to hear that updating the BIOS from Windows worked, I have a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe with Firmware v1013, I't dosen't have a Boot from SATA but I use the same Boot from HD00, and another option that says Boot from Other Devices (Enable/Disable) you might look/try for that.

Sorry I can't be of more help here. Maybe someone else can add his/her 5 cents
Closed Thread