Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Lexar Jump FireFLy 16HD USB Flash Drive

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Lexar Jump FireFLy 16HD USB Flash Drive within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, So I bought this USB to use for a source of music in my car, as it will

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys,

So I bought this USB to use for a source of music in my car, as it will hold most of my music that I listen to on it. I have had some difficulty with that, and overcome that problem, but now am encountering a new problem

I have no idea what has happened, but all I can say is that off the music I put on the drive (150 odd songs) about 12 were on the actual drive, repeated over and over.

How can I fix this and bring my USB back to a usable state?

P.S, The drive won't format through windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Be sure you are plugging this device into the Back USB port of the computer not in the front or through a hub. Why can't you format it in Windows? With the drive inserted in your computer, Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc Right click diskmgmt.msc icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In Disk Management you should see your Jump Drive listed there, right click it and choose Format. Choose FAT32 as the file system.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

After fiddling around a little further with the drive, I was able to format the USB after right-clicking the drive via my computer and performing an error check. This then enabled me to format the drive into a FAT32 file system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Excellent! Please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
Install Vista From USB Drive
I looked around the forum for a bit for a thread detailing the process of creating a Windows Vista Install USB drive and couldn't find one, so I decided to create a tutorial for everyones reference. (Just in case the need arises for it in the future). I use this method when I need to install Vista...
GZ Tweakers 4 08-15-2011 05:23 PM
Rejected: How To Install Windows XP From A USB Flash Drive Using WinSetupFromUSB
This guide will show you how to to create a bootable USB Flash Drive using WinSetupFromUSB for installing Windows XP on a netbook or other computer without a CD drive. To do this, you will need the following things: A USB Flash Drive (1GB minimum) A Windows XP setup CD WinSetupFromUSB A...
ben1390 Dead-Sea Scrolls 3 06-24-2011 03:06 AM
USB Flash Drive Not Recognized
I'm having a vexing problem with a Dane Elec 1Gb flash drive. This drive is not recognized (in any of the 3 usb ports) on 2 new laptops installed with Windows 7 Home Premium. It IS recognized on an older Dell Laptop with the same OS, and a couple of older laptops with Windows XP. The 2...
bugged1 Removable Media Drives 0 01-08-2011 05:35 PM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM