Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Xbox 360 - VGA Cable to PC monitor, speakers question?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Xbox 360 - VGA Cable to PC monitor, speakers question? within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've seen other threads about this sort of thing but couldn't find my exact situation so here goes... i know

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #1

I've seen other threads about this sort of thing but couldn't find my exact situation so here goes...

i know i can have the xbox's sound coming through my pc's speakers (and through the pc itself)...

But what i want to know is, if i was to buy a second set of simple speakers...

Namely - LOGITECH LS11 2.0 PC Speakers buy online | Currys

Could I have the xbox connect to my second (spare) monitor (not connected to PC) via the official microsoft VGA cable and have the audio cables that come with the vga cable connect directly into the second set of speakers via either the mic or headphone slots on the front of the speakers? (speakers also not connected to my pc)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

Hey,

Yes it should not be a problem.

As long as the connection is correctly (plugs fit etc) it will work.

Its not needed to connect via the computer as the surround set only needs an input.

*** problem solved? mark the thread as solved under thread tools, thank you***
Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #3

Thanks, I just wanted to check I could use the speakers mic slot as a line-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

just dont expect a good quality sound.

To be honest i would buy a plug that connects 2 mini-jacks (the one from your speaker set to the one from the vga cable)

As the mic-in isnt build for stereo sounds input.

*** problem solved? mark the thread as solved under thread tools, thank you***
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #5

Thanks for the responses, sorry for the late reply but I've been in hospital for a while, for now im going to leave my xbox set up as it is. Thanks for the help :)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search