Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] PS4 Failed to initialize

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] PS4 Failed to initialize within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HI GUYS! Console trouble here. any pros out in the midst wanting to give me a hand would be much

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via MSN to badnecros

HI GUYS!

Console trouble here. any pros out in the midst wanting to give me a hand would be much appreciated. i am tech savy enough to do most component swaps, so dont hesitate to put those as responses if thats the case. i just dont want to go buy a component, and have it not be the issue is all.

So my PS4 wont boot. it mostly just hits the Playstation logo on a black screen, then shuts down. occasionally, (once every 5 or so boots) it wil say something along the lines of being unable to read the system data.

I boot the device in Safe mode, and try each of the menu options, in order.

1) Reboot the PS4,
- Reboots the PS4 and causes same issue.

2) Change resolution,
- Reboots the PS4, and causes the same issue.

3) Update software,
- A serious error has occurred (CE-30785-3)

4) Restore default settings,
- An Error has occurred (CE-30787-5)

5) Rebuild Database,
- An Error has occurred (CE-30787-5)

6) Intitialize PS4,
- Cannot initialize (CE-33566-3)

7) Initialize PS4 (Reinstall system software)
- Cannot initialize (CE-33566-3)

All this being said, ive also been using a USB drive to do the updates. ive had the USB drive formatted to FAT, FAT32, NTFS, as well as exFAT, and the updates dont work on any of them. i downloaded the update from Playstation.com, to ensure proper file configuration, and i had it stored in the USB with the file structure, "PS4>UPDATE>PS4UPDATE.PUP"

Any help on this would be great guys. thanks a bundle in advance.

P.S, i say guys as a non-gender orientation. i know there are plenty of female techies out there, and i respect each of you too. please dont take offence when i use the term. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

You haven't opened the device have you?

Since the unit is new, claim your warranty.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
You haven't opened the device have you?

Since the unit is new, claim your warranty.
i would rather know why its doing what its doing personally. i was just curious if anyone knew. i like to learn. shipping it to sony, so they can "replace minor components" thank you for your suggestion though. if i was anyone else, i would do that :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

The error codes and failures can be anything. Console errors are vary rarely published as the manufacturer always takes care of it.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

HEY GUYS!
I fixed my own issue. its the hard drive. need to replace it. figured anyone would like to know if they are techy much like me. just knowing makes it better. i had a spare PS3 3rd gen Slim hanging about, and tossed the HDD from that in. all fixed up.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Glad to hear!
Closed Thread