Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

WN881ND - Limited Connection

This is a discussion on WN881ND - Limited Connection within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently purchased and installed a TP-Link WN881ND Wireless Network Card, but open installing the driver and the Utility that

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

I recently purchased and installed a TP-Link WN881ND Wireless Network Card, but open installing the driver and the Utility that came with the product, when I try and connect to the internet it comes up with "Limited Connection". Any idea on what this is, or how to fix it? I am not the most tech savvy person, so please be patient if I ask 'silly' questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The adapter is working, but the network connection likely isn't properly configured. This is common, especially when changing network adapters.

Start here: WIFI connection shows Limited Access windows 8 - Microsoft Community

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limited connection
Hello, i have a problem. I own a d-link dir 600 router, i have strong signal but when i try to connect it says limited connection. it was working a few days ago... i don't know what to do . Pleaseeeee help !!
Luluu Protocols and Routing 3 04-05-2014 11:56 AM
limited connection dealing with d-link wireless nic.
Hello all, this is the situation im dealing with. 4 months ago the internal wireless card in my desktop went so i replaced it with a d-link wireless n300 usb adapter D-Link | DWA-130 Wireless N USB Adapter everything worked fine for about 4 months until a couple of days ago i would drop the...
godlez Networking Support 1 01-12-2014 03:26 PM
[SOLVED] connection "strong" but limited internet access
My issue: Just moved into a shared home scenario with an existing wireless connection via bright house. (I hate wireless, can't rely on air, I always say) Split level plan, my room is 40-50 ft away from the router itself, I use a belkin wireless adapter. Since I moved in, my connectivity on the...
gonlaz Networking Support 1 05-25-2013 12:57 AM
Help Removing Win32/Small.CA
The only symptom my computer seems to have is the occasional error "Windows has encountered a critical error and will shut down in one minute." However, it does not usually shut down on its own; it becomes completely nonresponsive until I pull the power cord and battery out. Then it boots...
pineapple tree Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 24 03-27-2013 08:08 PM
Trouble with EA-N66
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Asus EA-N66 ethernet adapter. I can't seem to get it to maintain its internet connection through my router without having to setup a network connection after every reboot of my computer. Often times the connection between the adapter and router will be perfectly...
JRizal Networking Support 18 11-16-2012 10:18 AM