Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Wifi works for 60 seconds, then stops

This is a discussion on Wifi works for 60 seconds, then stops within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm using a TP Link USB Wireless Adapter, 300Mbps, driver version 1013.0.325.2011 I connect the adapter via USB and the

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm using a TP Link USB Wireless Adapter, 300Mbps, driver version 1013.0.325.2011

I connect the adapter via USB and the internet works great for somewhere from 30-60 seconds. Subsequently, I'm still getting full strength wifi but no pages load. Bizarrely, Network and Sharing Center still says I'm connected to the internet.

Unplugging and replugging the adapter makes it work for another 30-60 seconds, whether I wait one second in between or 12 hours. I've tried with a range of USB ports and the same thing happens. Multiple reboots have done nothing to fix the problem.

Even more bizarrely, this happens with another wireless USB adapter as well (UB-Link which is apparently a different thing), although this one lasted around 5 minutes before needing to be reconnected.

This started when my university upgraded my house's wifi. It's fine on all other devices. Unfortunately I can't just reset the router, since it's shared and left deliberately out of reach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Let's start with collecting some information first. Provide your ipconfig /all output as follows:

1. Open CMD
2. Copy and paste the following code then press Enter

Code:
ipconfig /all > 0 & notepad 0
3. Notepad should open with the output of ipconfig. Copy and paste all of its contents in your next post.

While at it, purge the dns resolver cache as follows:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
You could also release and renew IP addresses for your adapters as follows:

Code:
ipconfig /release

ipconfig /release6

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /renew6
We could also do with the knowledge of which security software (antivirus, firewall etc) you have installed.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi Harsalan,

Yes, please provide us with the ipconfig info. Are you using the updated drivers for your USB wi-fi network card?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 05:49 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

while your at it, follow this pre-posting tutorial. Posting the Xirrus attachment will help greatly. You may have a near by wireless AP that your computer is connecting to.

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-573730.html

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Closed Thread