Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Wifi in Optiplex 755

This is a discussion on Wifi in Optiplex 755 within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an OptiPlex 755 (Win7 ultimate) with Intel 82566DM-2 networking but want to convert this PC into a wifi

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an OptiPlex 755 (Win7 ultimate) with Intel 82566DM-2 networking but want to convert this PC into a wifi . Cany I buy a PCI card or something to do this?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

Yes you can add a PCI Wi-Fi card to the computer, as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, ie. Router, Modem / Router.

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Registered Member

Any suggestions as to which brand would be suitable for this old desktop.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Netgear and dLink are good solid brands

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Networking, Wireless Networking, Wireless Adapters, Netgear Inc., D-Link, PCI

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory
Hi In A domain environment when i rest a user password from active directory users and computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password. He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings. This issue is only affecting few users. connection to...
plumpf Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 12-25-2013 01:46 AM
Keyboard and Mouse that can fit dell Optiplex 755
I just recently brought the Dell Optiplex 755 about three weeks ago and then recently today I installed the VGA adapter and ethernet cord. I was able to install everything the keyboard. I have a gateway keyboard. Also, the Dell Optiplex does not have the purple slot for a keyoard for a keyboard...
Realtek1xx5 Other Hardware Support 1 09-02-2013 06:45 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD NETWLV32.sys
BSOD netwlv32.sys Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every time i try to connect to some Wireless network and everything is fine with others. HP pavilion dv900 Notebook pc Home premium Windows Vista 32bit. I updated the driver but nothing happened. also uninstall norton antivirus and used...
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 30 07-20-2013 08:12 PM
My Dell Optiplex 755 no longer recognises blank discs (DVD or CD)
I have been happily burning all my old photos and videos etc from my windows 7 on my DELL Optiplex 755. BUT just got back from holiday, and my computer no longer recognises a blank disc DVD or CD. preciously auto play would open and I would select the option I require as per usual, the computer...
mikwar Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 10-30-2012 04:55 PM
Dell Optiplex 755 Beeping
Hello, My Dell Optiplex SFF 755 with Windows XP Home after loading into Windows gives 6 fast audible beeps in series, sometimes it gives 5 I cannot make out any pauses or gaps for beep codes. I have run memtest the RAM is fine. Also removed the RAM and tested individually both fine. Hard...
thrombox Motherboards, Bios & CPU 16 10-09-2012 09:24 AM