User Tag List

wifi?????

This is a discussion on wifi????? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Just transferred a D-Link DWA-556 Wireless N PCI-E Desktop Adaptor from my old main pc to my new one

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hi,

Just transferred a D-Link DWA-556 Wireless N PCI-E Desktop Adaptor from my old main pc to my new one and all seemed fine until I went to shut down the machine at which point I watch it closed down and the power off only for it to start back up a second later. I`ve tried to shut it down again as I thought I might have pressed restart but same thing happened again so in the end i just switch power of at wall before it had time to fire up. I have removed card and then everything works fine so put card back in and update drivers,checked motherboard bios for anything that could be causing this and have tried win7 power management all with no joy. Any ideas???

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

have a look in bios and see if there is a "wake on LAN" or something similar setting - maybe the card is trigging to say a network device wants it wake

Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Hi,

just looked and nothing like that also went through the manual and nothing. Mobo is a GA-990XA-UD3 (rev. 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #4

have a look here
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | Manual - Page 51

PAGE 51
power on by mouse / keyboard / etc
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | Manual

Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Hi,

tried that but no joy,thinking this card and board don`t like each other so have just ordered 1 from amazon and worst case is that does not work I will just return it.

thanks for your help.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #6

your welcome, lets us know how you get on

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
user cannot connect to wifi after reseting a user password from Active directory
Hi In A domain environment when i rest a user password from active directory users and computers he is unable to login to Windows with new password. He is configured to login through wifi And we are using single sign on in the wifi settings. This issue is only affecting few users. connection to...
plumpf Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 12-25-2013 01:46 AM
Loss of wifi connectivity after phishing call and remote access
Hi, guys. I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a problem I'm trying to sort out for a friend. He fell prey, unfortunately, to one of those phishing calls, where someone basically says your PC is slow, give us remote access and we'll sort it out. The end result was loss of wifi...
Triophile Networking Support 2 08-06-2013 10:23 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD NETWLV32.sys
BSOD netwlv32.sys Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every time i try to connect to some Wireless network and everything is fine with others. HP pavilion dv900 Notebook pc Home premium Windows Vista 32bit. I updated the driver but nothing happened. also uninstall norton antivirus and used...
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 30 07-20-2013 08:12 PM
Laptop not connecting to home wifi
I'm having Windows XP sp2 OS on my laptop. For the past year i'm using a wifi router from "Edimax" :BR-6324nL Wireless IEEE802.11 b/g Broadband Route. My connection is secured & can also be accessed through my Android cellphone (Samsung). Since it is so, last week I connected through my wifi...
salilp90 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 12-06-2012 09:01 PM
external adapter can connect to wifi but laptop can't
Hi supporters, I've been having a problem with my wifi for a month or so. I used to connect well to my wifi, but then one day my laptop just can't connect to it anymore. It says "windows was unable to connect to..." or something similar to that. But what's strange is, I have an external wifi...
darklordnd Networking Support 4 05-04-2012 07:17 AM