Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Wi-Fi hazard triangle

This is a discussion on Wi-Fi hazard triangle within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, The wi-fi on my PC isn't working and is partially covered by a yellow hazard triangle. My laptop however

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

The wi-fi on my PC isn't working and is partially covered by a yellow hazard triangle. My laptop however is working with wi-fi as i'm posting from it right now. help!

PS. I'm running windows 7, 64.

thanks!

-Toby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search