Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Which cable to use

This is a discussion on Which cable to use within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Runing Benq XL2420T monitor @ 1920x1080 resolution and 120 hrtz .Graphics card is the 670. Question is : I want

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Runing Benq XL2420T monitor @ 1920x1080 resolution and 120 hrtz .Graphics card is the 670. Question is :

I want to know which cable would be the best to use since my card is dvi-d or dvi-dl and my monitor is dvi-dl .I'm looking for performance and best picture quality possible .Anyone can help, I'd appreciate it .

Also, I'll be hooking up a second monitor to same 670 card, only it's a viewsonic, 60 hrtz, @ 1920x1080 and is DVI. Any input would be appreciated.Looking at best quality and performance on the Benq and Viewsonic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Moderator - Games Team
Articles Team

My System

If you're just using using one monitor you should be fine with DVI-D. I believe the DVI-DL (Dual Link) just give you the ability to go to 2560x1600, which you could use on two monitors. All About DVI

If I don't reply within two days PM me as I sometimes get busy and forget threads.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

This is posted in another area as well.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low cable on Toshiba 32c110u
I made the transition from project on to lcd. I was very impressed. The only issue I'm having, is that it won't connect to cable box. The older TV had no problem. I have suddenlink cable, and the rest of my house has no issue with signal. When I hooked it up, it said antenna signal was low, so...
Johnnysauur Electronics 1 10-18-2013 06:41 AM
[SOLVED] HDMI-HDCP Cable Problem
Hello! Just today I bought a 10 meter HDMI cable. When I connect my TV with my Cable TV Decoder using the said HDMI cable, the decoder said that the TV does not support HDCP. Since I once connected the TV to my PS3, I think the TV is HDCP-compliant. To further test the cable, I plugged it to...
Perseonn Other Hardware Support 8 08-04-2013 06:08 AM
Ethernet Cable Mix n' Match
So I'll just explaining this as quick as possible, and the frustration it brings me. I just brought my computer back to the family home for the summer. Say I have Ethernet Cable A (3 ft.) and Ethernet Cable B (100 ft.) Mom's Computer: Recognizes Ethernet Cable A and both B and provides...
MisterYu Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 06-29-2013 05:16 PM
Another cable connected but no internet access problem.
OK, Ive read several forums on this issue and nothing is working. I have plugged my computer into the modem by way of a Ethernet cable and I immediately got a Local Area Network 2 icon that said a network cable is unplugged. Ive checked the cable with this PC, and it works. i tried this:...
publiccovert Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 14 03-08-2011 09:00 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM