Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

USB WiFi Adaptor

This is a discussion on USB WiFi Adaptor within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, can anyone recommend a USB WiFi Adaptor for my Windows 7 64 Bit gaming PC? Preferably Nano. Failing that

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a USB WiFi Adaptor for my Windows 7 64 Bit gaming PC? Preferably Nano. Failing that a PCI Express might do.

I need (i think) wireless n 300mbps to ensure no lag?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

if this is a desktop machine, i would make sure it also has a cable and maybe a dock - so you can move around and get the best signal in the area.

You say NANO, any reason for that ?

Desktops tend to be close to walls or within a desk and so often the position of the USB does not always provide the best signal
do you have a laptop at all - it would be worth looking at the signal strength you are currently getting

I dont have a particular recommendation , I have used edimax & TP-Link quite successfully

Old 02-09-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etaf View Post
if this is a desktop machine, i would make sure it also has a cable and maybe a dock - so you can move around and get the best signal in the area.

You say NANO, any reason for that ?

Desktops tend to be close to walls or within a desk and so often the position of the USB does not always provide the best signal
do you have a laptop at all - it would be worth looking at the signal strength you are currently getting

I dont have a particular recommendation , I have used edimax & TP-Link quite successfully
Its for a Desktop which is located in the next room as the Router, walls are plasterboard.

I was after a Nano as in order to get a good signal i was going to plug it into the Front USB ports, a standard USB adaptor would be in danger of getting knocked when people walk past.

I suppose a standard USB with a cable and a dock would help.

Looked at some Edimax products on Amazon, they seem competitively priced and have good reviews, never heard of them before. I have always used:
Buffalo, Netgear and D link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking

Quote:
Buffalo, Netgear and D link.
are also good

sounds like you should get a good wireless signal - but never a guarantee- and so nano maybe OK

or a IOS or Andriod device ?

[b]Andriod - GooglePlay App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nalytics&hl=en

Closed Thread