Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

unable to connect to internet through wired LAN

This is a discussion on unable to connect to internet through wired LAN within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am unable to connect to internet on my PC through its in built LAN card. I am facing this

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am unable to connect to internet on my PC through its in built LAN card. I am facing this problem since 15 days. This all started when I uninstalled my avast antivirus, after uninstalling it when I restarted my PC then it won't connect to internet. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the antivirus again but it didn't solve the problem. In device manager window it shows Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller's driver not working properly, so I tried uninstalling the driver and let the windows install driver for the device in its own by restarting the windows, but that too didn't work. I installed latest driver for the device manually but still it doesn't work. I have attached screenshots of my PC that would help you in solution, also my pc's specification too is in screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_lantruobleshoot1244585984.PNG
Views:	113
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	147962   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_devicemanager-684153136.PNG
Views:	137
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	147970   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_cmdipconfig-2060077310.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	147978  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_aboutcomputer-1390420268.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	147986   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_cmdping-1232630044.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	147994   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_devicemanager0-1654468708.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	148002  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

did you try a system restore to a restore point prior to the original uninstall?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

@sobeit I forgot to mention that I did restore and it indeed solved my problem but then again when I uninstalled avast internet security antivirus the problem happened again n then I thought there must be virus in my system so scanned it with kaspersky virus tool, it indeed turned up some Trojans. but that too didnt solve the problem so I wiped off my drive n in that wipe off I lost restore points so I can't restore now my system to any earlier time. I also tried changing the Ethernet cable between LAN card n modem, but that too in vain.
Closed Thread