Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Tp link WR1043ND?

This is a discussion on Tp link WR1043ND? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I HAVE TP LINK WR1043ND WIRELESS ROUTER, BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR. I HAVE PROBLEM BECAUSE OF SIGNAL LOST FROM TIME

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

I HAVE TP LINK WR1043ND WIRELESS ROUTER, BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR.
I HAVE PROBLEM BECAUSE OF SIGNAL LOST FROM TIME TO TIME. I BOUGHT THIS ROUTER TO BE ABLE HAVIN GOOD WIRELESS CONECTION IN ALL ROOMS, BUT I DONT.
I HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT CHANING FRIMWERE OF ROUTER.
MY QUESTION IS, DOES IT WORK AND DOES IT MY SIGNAL WILL BE STRONG IN ALL HOUSE AND OUTSIDE?

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Ultimate Wireless N Gigabit Router Specs - CNET
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #3
Networking Team Emeritus

OS: W8 Prox64,Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit SP1, Mac OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, Android 4.1.1 Jellybean, IOS 6

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF,

Updating the routers firmware probably won't get you extended wireless coverage to where you want it.
Above are some of the reasons one that has been left is walls. They are important especially in older house's because they are generally thicker, router signals sometimes cannot get thru.

Some possile fixs:

1. Router with an ethernet cable coming from main router Lan port to secondary router WAN port, or a Lan to Lan connection for sharing Files and folders of different computers.

2. If only one computer use Powerline Adapters have to configure Powerline Adapters to see each other doumentation will tell you how to.

3. Use Powerline Adapters with a router upstairs in a Lan to Lan connection.

4. Use a Range Extender(Wireless repeater) and place halfway between your main router and computers.

To post a screenshot:

Click Go advanced next to Submit Reply.
Click arrow next to paperclip.

Under Upload File from your computer

Click to browse to your file(Name of screenshot).
Click Upload

Click Upload File From a URL
Click Upload

Click on arrow beside paperclip
Click Manage Attachments to Add or Remove attachments

Click on name of File
[/CENTER]
Closed Thread