Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Cant seem to connect

This is a discussion on TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Cant seem to connect within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, I currently have this wifi card in my desktop: N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800 -

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I currently have this wifi card in my desktop:
N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800 - Welcome to TP-LINK

I purchased this one maybe a year or two back because I thought it should be good especially because I live in student housing and the router is very far from me.

However, in my new house, I am unable to connect to the router.
If I bring my computer downstairs, closer to the router, then I am able to connect.
My very mediocre laptop is able to connect to the router but my computer is unable to.
I have tried updating to the newest driver.
I am rather unfamiliar with wifi cards and routers and such so I have no idea where to begin.

If someone could point me in the right direction for what to check, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

I should also add, it is currently on Channel 6 (so it isnt sharing with anything else) and I have the channel width at both 20mhz and 40mhz
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Update:

So I took out my super old Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 802.11b/g USB Wifi adapter and I can connect to the router no problem.

Could someone please explain why this might be?
As far as the 2 cards go, it seems like my TP-Link card should be a much better card but I cant seem to connect with it.
But with my super old usb adapter, I can connect flawlessly.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer won't post BIOS
I have a friends old PC and was reinstalling XP at their request as they've had trouble and thought it might help. I formatted, reinstalled XP and then restarted after installing the drivers which were missing. After the restart I was unable to install any virus software, and after about five...
gemmers Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 10-10-2013 03:17 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD NETWLV32.sys
BSOD netwlv32.sys Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every time i try to connect to some Wireless network and everything is fine with others. HP pavilion dv900 Notebook pc Home premium Windows Vista 32bit. I updated the driver but nothing happened. also uninstall norton antivirus and used...
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 30 07-20-2013 08:12 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM
RAM memory in BIOS
Hello When im trying to clock my RAM memory in BIOS its all gray. Any suggestions? "BIOS-Version and -date. American Megatrends Inc. 3.24, 2005-08-11" And installed RAM is only 512
Abfe Overclocking 6 01-27-2011 12:33 PM