Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Switch 1GB Speed Question

This is a discussion on Switch 1GB Speed Question within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys, I have another question. I have a Switch of 10/100 mb where they are connected all my Servers.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello guys, I have another question.

I have a Switch of 10/100 mb where they are connected all my Servers.
IF I want to buy a 10/100/1000 mb (1 GB Speed) Switch, where I will put in only my Servers (not the Computers, Telephone, etc.): it will really boost the Speed transfers of them?
What are the things that I have to check? Like the RPM of the Servers HDD, or something like that? I'm afraid that I it will not change anything (server transfers).

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You want the fastest link you can have to your servers. Google adapter teaming.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:33 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleArrow View Post
You want the fastest link you can have to your servers. Google adapter teaming.
I google it, and I read about Link aggregation.
"The Servers ports must be on the same switch", I don't see any particular limitations.
Do you think that the Servers must don't have any particulars prerequisites right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Limitations? Just the opposite, aggregation increases not limits the bandwidth to the server(s). Prereqs are you need a managed switch that supports one of the agg protocols and you have the adapter software to team them.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:45 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleArrow View Post
Limitations? Just the opposite, aggregation increases not limits the bandwidth to the server(s). Prereqs are you need a managed switch that supports one of the agg protocols and you have the adapter software to team them.
What do you mean with Adapter Software?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multi port router to switch, dumb question.
In all my years of networking our router was connected to our switch via a standard rj/45. Well I just received our comcast business class router and someone said "hey there are 4 ports on that router, wouldn't it be best to connect all 4 to the switch?" Well the obvious answer is no the Max...
Vinnie881 Networking Support 2 03-30-2014 12:47 AM
toshiba satellite L640 randomly shuts off/restarts/bluescreens
Toshiba satellite L640, windows 7 home premium, 64 bit version 6.1 service pack 1, bios-INSYDE 2.7 Laptop randomly will either completly power off, or will just restart, or gives me a blue screen. It happens both when im doing nothing, not even using it, or when im using the computer. This...
emwalker88 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 06-01-2013 08:05 AM
Managed Switch Vlan question
Hello I wanted to see if anyone can help me. I have a location with 5 computers on a network using a ipsec tunnel to our corporate office. Three of the computers are not allowed to get on the internet (except what I allow) but the other two have full internet. They all need access to the ipsec...
drpepemd Networking Support 1 01-08-2013 08:33 PM
Wireless is jamming the switch
Hi all, Current network configuration is as follows: Internet -> Router -> 24port Switch (main switch) I have seven network segments, connected to the main switch via 8port switches. Just to clarify, all the segments are in the same subnet. One of the segment, has a wireless N router...
chweetraju Networking Support 3 08-09-2011 09:11 PM
RAM speed question for a gaming machine.
Is it worth shelling out the extra dollars for higher clock speed RAM? Also, how important is CAS latency? I understand the concepts, but want to know if getting say, 2000 over 1333, is even noticeable once you start playing one of the latest games?
Raphaell RAM and Power Supply Support 2 03-15-2011 12:45 PM