Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] WLAN disabled

17K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  2xg 
#1 ·
I need help!
Before I turned off my computer, the Internet and WLAN were working fine. Then after I turned it bak on my WLAN wasn't working. If I press the WLAN button, it says WLAN disabled. I cannot seem to fix it. When I go to device manager, all the adapters have explanation points next to them(!). I can't connect to the Internet and cannot enable the WLAN. Please help me.

#12 · (Edited)
Re: WLAN disabled

Hello,

The snap shots sure helps. Thanks.

Please uninstall all ISATAP Adapters, right click each one and choose uninstall.

Restart your computer after then followed by TCP/IP and Winsocks Resets:
Please reset both TCP/IP and Winsock.

Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter

Restart the computer after.

Please let us know.

#14 ·
Re: WLAN disabled

Restart your computer, Tap F8 and select Safe Mode with Networking. In here see if you can uninstall Wireless Adapters Again.

If you were able to wireless connect before and no issues, you may try a System Restore and restore it to a point were everything was playing nice. Here's How.

Test your connection after and if it's unsuccessful next task to do is a Repair Install.

Please give us an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.