Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Netgear N300 PCI adapter problems.

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Netgear N300 PCI adapter problems. within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi and I recenly purchased this pci adapter for my CQ5110Y desktop. NETGEAR - Wireless N300 PCI Adapter - WN311B-100NAS

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi and I recenly purchased this pci adapter for my CQ5110Y desktop.

NETGEAR - Wireless N300 PCI Adapter - WN311B-100NAS - Best Buy

I installed it correctly and connected to my router but instantly it decided to disconnect from my router. What should I do? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Probably due to some kind of nearby interference. I'd try reconnecting.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

I actually got it to work last night and all I did was removed the PCI adapter from my PC and uninstalled all of the software and drivers for the adapter and reinstalled the PCI adapter which of course I did by turning the PC off and on when needed. I then connected to my router and bang it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking

can we see an ipconfig /all and an inSSIDer screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.
ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run inSSIDer for home Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

(There is also an andriod & Mac OS X download )

inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

download here ( Vista, 7 & 8 )
https://files.metageek.net/downloads/...-installer.msi

download here ( XP & Netbooks )
https://files.metageek.net/downloads/...2.1.6.1394.msi

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop

click on networks on the top menu

post a screen shot of the program running.

post which SSID name is yours, if connected it will show up with a large blue star

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
How to take a screenshot in Windows 8 - PC Advisor
How to take a screenshot in Windows 8 - PC Advisor

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL_KINGS View Post

I actually got it to work last night ...
Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.
Closed Thread