Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Router to Wall to POE to EAP

This is a discussion on Router to Wall to POE to EAP within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently ran some cabling through my super tight no-space attic from my office where the cable modem is to

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently ran some cabling through my super tight no-space attic from my office where the cable modem is to the other end of my home. My plan was this:

Cable/modem/router > to wall jack > in a panel at the other end of my home I have a POE injector > to EAP. I was hoping I could use this method through straight line Ethernet wiring but I get no internet connectivity.

I troubleshot the wire confirming I get connectivity up until the injector. The POE does power up my EAP but I'm not getting connectivity. I have already configured the EAP and ensured it works. Do you think this could be a defective injector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

What TIA standard did you use for the wiring pinouts at both ends? 568 A or B?

Power over Ethernet (POE) pinout diagram @ pinoutguide.com
Old 11-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have set it up with the 568B pin out.. Since this is router to wall and then to injector (waiting for POE switch) then EAP does this need crossover? I get power just not transmit/receive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Might want to test with stock short network cable from the router to see if that works.

I don't believe you need a crossover cable. Just always plugged in to network cable and it worked.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search