Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Realtek Wireless Problems (pls help)

This is a discussion on Realtek Wireless Problems (pls help) within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, usually my wifi is perfect and I have no problems connecting to the internet, but recently my Realtek 8821AE

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, usually my wifi is perfect and I have no problems connecting to the internet, but recently my Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC has dissapeared from device manager. This and some WAN Miniports have gone into the "Hidden Devices" category.

When I go to properties, it says "Currently, this harware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

The list of "Hidden Devices" with this problem are:
Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
and 7 different WAN Miniports ending with:
(IKEv2)
(IP)
(IPv6)
(L2TP)
(Network Monitor)
(PPTP)
(SSTP)

I have tried restoring my computer and deleting everything, but it's still the same. Please help if you think you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

is it switched off ?
or switched off in the bios ?

what windows version are you using

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etaf View Post
is it switched off ?
or switched off in the bios ?

what windows version are you using

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc
Not sure how to check if its switched off.. I just have windows defender/firewall, never changed anything or blocked anything on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #4

Tower, all-in-1 or laptop ?

Old 07-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etaf View Post
Tower, all-in-1 or laptop ?
Its an all-in-one
Old 07-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

Fixed it by turning off my pc and letting the battery cool down (not that it was very hot) then it was working. I went to my Wireless drivers properties and then power management and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
Old 07-12-2016, 12:29 AM   #7

All-in-1
and Battery ?
is this a special unit , like a Sony , that I know had a battery and could work without power
Otherwise Most do not have Batteries that run the unit

anyway , glad its all fixed now

Closed Thread