I am having the same problem:
I have an HP s3360.nl
Intel Pentium Dual CPU e2200 @2.2GHz 2.2 GHz
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- UPC Nederland (Dutch ISP)
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
- Aris Touchstone Telephony Modem
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
- Linksys Dual-band Wireless-N Gigabit router WRT320N
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
- Wired works fine (both directly from modem into the PC and via the router)
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
- Currently WEP, but tried both WPA, WPA2 and no encryption
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
- Home Premium SP1
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.
- FF 3.x or IE 7
Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.
- "View this thread: Wireless association failed beacause Windows did not receive any response from the wireless router or access point"
* If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
- Yes, works fine then
* For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
- Yes, tried it, did not work
* Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
- Yes, cable connection works in both cases
* If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?
- There is one more Vista Pro machine running fine and one old-ish XP that also can connect without problems
NB: I have been in the live-chat of linksys for hours and the people I spoke to are complete donks, plus I think it is an issue of the wireless card I am using...
Thanks a mil and apologies for my "bad quoting"