Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Problem connecting laptop to television

This is a discussion on Problem connecting laptop to television within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My first venture in accessing internet on tv. I deployed a VGA cable from the appropriate ports on a Sanyo

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 06:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

My first venture in accessing internet on tv. I deployed a VGA cable from the appropriate ports on a Sanyo dp32640 TV to a HP 2000 laptop running Windows 7. I checked to see that PC was enabled on the input menu of the TV. However, with everything turned on and the PC input selected I got a "no signal" message.

I was playing with the display settings on the laptop. Because of or in spite of what I did, I began to get the PC image on the TV. I navigated to Youtube and played a video and it was displayed on the TV.

Two issues: 1 - The image on the TV is completely blue. And 2 - sound comes from the computer and not the TV.

I assume I have to run a separate, audio cable from the computer to the TV.

I tried tweaking the color setting on the TV without success. I have no idea what else to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2016, 04:31 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Hi mate.

I don't think a VGA cable carries sound, you'll need a HDMI cable in order for the sound to work.

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

If it's set up right, your entire desktop should be displayed on the TV screen, mouse cursor and all and it should be in the same full color. You may have a bad cable or it may not be fully connected properly

Yes, you'll need a separate audio cable if your TV has that input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevkaprel View Post
My first venture in accessing internet on tv. I deployed a VGA cable from the appropriate ports on a Sanyo dp32640 TV to a HP 2000 laptop running Windows 7. I checked to see that PC was enabled on the input menu of the TV. However, with everything turned on and the PC input selected I got a "no signal" message.

I was playing with the display settings on the laptop. Because of or in spite of what I did, I began to get the PC image on the TV. I navigated to Youtube and played a video and it was displayed on the TV.

Two issues: 1 - The image on the TV is completely blue. And 2 - sound comes from the computer and not the TV.

I assume I have to run a separate, audio cable from the computer to the TV.

I tried tweaking the color setting on the TV without success. I have no idea what else to do.
Your better off using Apple TV or Chrome cast and "cast" or airplay apps etc or mirror to your TV than deal with VGA on a TV which always is diffluct
Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcride View Post
Your better off using Apple TV or Chrome cast and "cast" or airplay apps etc or mirror to your TV than deal with VGA on a TV which always is diffluct
I think this is a good suggestion. I do this sometimes and has worked for me.
Closed Thread