Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

PC shows connected but can't access network?

This is a discussion on PC shows connected but can't access network? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok so this one computer just won't connect to our network. Well it says it connects but it doesn't. It

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ok so this one computer just won't connect to our network. Well it says it connects but it doesn't. It acquires IP and I can ping it but it only last for like 4 lines? But there's no error showing on the cmd. I tried using its ethernet cable to other PCs and it works. Likewise I tried other cable for it but still won't work. I already looked into our LAN switch and found no problem. I tried using the automatic IP thingy still nothing. Tried a couple of System Restore still nothing.

You think it's a hardware problem? It was working fine a day ago...

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi dred05,

So let me clarify, ethernet connection works fine but NOT wifi correct? If this is the case, then try un-installing and re-installing the wifi network card drivers. When was the last time that computer was able to access your network?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

What on your LAN are you trying to connect too? server, other computers / printers.

Also when you ping a IP, ping only sends 4 packets. If you want to continuously ping a IP you need to put a -t after the IP, something like this:

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
farbar
I have tried nearly everything and can't find the program to get rid of this Ice virus I downloaded farbar and tried it with these results Please help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 25-06-2013 02 Ran by SYSTEM on 26-06-2013 09:31:13 Running from F:\...
kick-4 Resolved HJT Threads 29 07-08-2013 09:10 PM
Can't Access Webpages, Connected to Network
Hoping you networking gurus can assist! Suddenly, one of my laptops is unable to access the internet via my apartment complex's community wifi. It will connect to the network, but times out when trying to access any webpages. All other devices are able to connect to the network and access the...
Confusedin206 Networking Support 10 02-13-2013 01:16 AM
[SOLVED] Connected to network, but no internet access
Hello. I just bought a new laptop and have had issues with it from day one regarding the internet. It connects me to the internet, but then after a few minutes on the task bar where it tells you what you are currently connected to a yellow (!) shows up. It tells me that I am connected to my...
Preeti189 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 15 07-27-2012 11:17 AM
Compaq Presario CQ56 is connected to network, but has 'no internet access'
My compaq presario cq56 laptop has been connected, via wireless, to our home broadband network for ages, but suddenly it's not working. A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark has appeared over the bars of the internet symbol in the system tray, and it tells me it's connected, but that there's...
lize182 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 10-01-2011 12:45 AM
trojan virus 'appears' to have deleted whole hard drive, docs and program files
Hi. My computer's picked up a trojan virus. I had one about a year ago and people were very helpful about it on here. But this one seems to be a lot more disruptive and i'm not sure how many helpful details i'm going to be able to give you. At the moment, i can't even run a scan on the system or...
mrbaggins Resolved HJT Threads 17 06-16-2011 07:37 AM