Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

NIC Activity LED blinking when PC is in sleep mode

This is a discussion on NIC Activity LED blinking when PC is in sleep mode within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm curious as to why my PC's built in NIC is active when the PC is in sleep mode. My

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I'm curious as to why my PC's built in NIC is active when the PC is in sleep mode. My understanding was that while the PC is in sleep mode nothing should be going on. I can see the NIC's activity LED blinking as if there's network aftivity. It's constant blinking too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 02:13 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techie19 View Post
I'm curious as to why my PC's built in NIC is active when the PC is in sleep mode. My understanding was that while the PC is in sleep mode nothing should be going on. I can see the NIC's activity LED blinking as if there's network aftivity. It's constant blinking too.
Which LED is blinking, the green (RX) one or the amber one (TX)?
Old 02-18-2016, 04:31 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Green light is blinking
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] BSOD Win7 Laptop - when entering Sleep mode
I have had seven BSODs since 12/14, all of them happening when the laptop is going into sleep mode. I say there have been seven because I have found seven .dmp files since 12/14. Each of them are for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, with check code 0x0000000a. The driver is ntoskrnl.exe for each of...
scatr BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 16 05-08-2015 02:43 AM
SSD very Slow after Sleep Mode
Hi, I just installed a brand new Samsung 256GB EVO Pro SSD into a system and installed on the drive is Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. (8GB of RAM - Desktop PC) The system is running smoothly, however, when the PC enters sleep mode things change. It enters sleep mode just fine, but when resuming...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows 8, 8.1 Support 13 03-24-2015 01:01 AM
[SOLVED] Coolers on Sleep mode
I own ASRock Conroe1333-1394 motherboard, my BIOS is American Megatrends Inc., version P1.40. Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz GPU NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT My problem is that coolers don't turn off on stand by (sleep) mode. On my previous motherboard they did. I have googled the...
mare011 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 0 10-30-2014 12:46 PM
again deep sleep mode internet connection
Hello users, I would like to get my internet working, i have issue as many people with gigabyte (realtek) controller, which went to deep sleep mode after pc went to stand by. My motherboard is Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p rev 1.0. So, when this happened i tried to google the problem, and i found...
mimpopo Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 01-15-2013 06:51 AM
[SOLVED] Stop windows from going into sleep mode
Windows XP Pro sp3 How do I prevent windows from going into sleep mode when no one is logged in? The Power Options in the Control Panel only affects the user that is logged in. I tried going into the registry and changing the power setting for the Default user (always on), but it is still going...
dmdombroski Windows XP Support 7 02-01-2011 08:51 AM