Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Network card not working - cant connect to network!!

This is a discussion on Network card not working - cant connect to network!! within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone Ok, so, I have an HP laptop -I think the model is tz1000 - that has been working

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #1

Exclamation

Hi everyone

Ok, so, I have an HP laptop -I think the model is tz1000 - that has been working well on the same network for over a year now, and the wireless crapped out on me yesterday. I went to check the network connection, and it said that there are no networks to connect to. I refreshed the modem and the router, but that didnt help. I restarted my computer, but that didnt help either. So, I turned on the other computers on the network, and they all work just fine.

I ran a diagnostic and it said that my network controller card is not installed, or it's drivers are outdated....so I went into device manager, where it said that the card (or cards? - there were 4 items listed under networking. I know that one is a network card - Im honestly not sure what the others are, but I checked them all) are all working fine, and all the drivers are up to date.

So, now Im really confused. I cant connect to a network because, according to my diagnostics, my network card isnt working, but according to device manager, it's working just fine. How do you fix a problem that doesnt really need to be fixed? Can a network card be replaced in a notebook, or is it integrated with the mobo?

Please help!! I hate haing to use other peoples computers to go online :-)

Thanks a bunch, in advance!
-Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #2

sorry, one correction ...
The model # is - HP pavillion Tx 1000
Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Citizen of the world

What version of Windows are you running on this machine?

For XP, try this.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

For Vista, try this:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
Closed Thread