Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Need help port forwarding

This is a discussion on Need help port forwarding within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have been having this incessant problem that I cannot port forward. I have an Arris CM820a modem that

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have been having this incessant problem that I cannot port forward.

I have an Arris CM820a modem that is connected to a Nexxt Solutions arno1154u2 router which are both in my laundry room (Separated from the rest of my house), which then sends out wan cables throughout my entire house through the walls, such as my study, my room etc. I am trying to port forward some ports in the router in my room, which is a cisco Linkseys E900 router. I correctly do all the port forwards, trust me, I triple check every time. I have been digging for a solution, and found that I might be behind a double NAT, or a double firewall. If so, I would like to know how to solve this. I have read that I need to put both my modem and the router directly connected to the modem in bridge mode, but I do not know how to do that for the models that I have :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
TSF Emeritus

You would forward in the Nexxt Solutions router to the static wan ip of the Linksys in which you would then forward to the static lan ip of your pc.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Port Forwarding for IP Camera not working
My modem/router is Riger and model is DB108-WL. I had set Port Forwarding in my modem/router configuration page using web https://192.168.1.1 I had disable the uPNP setting in both the modem/router and camera setting page. Besides, also disable the firewall on the modem/router and on my laptop...
bill76 Networking Support 22 12-20-2013 12:15 AM
Port forwarding Parallels Desktop on a Mac
I have a MacBook 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 6.8 with 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. I have installed on it Parallels Desktop 7 with Windows XP Professional 2002, SP3. I am trying to run WebcamXP 5 on the vm, which needs port forwarding. I am connected to a Netgear WGR614v10 router by ethernet. The...
milliegram Protocols and Routing 0 09-20-2013 08:53 AM
Driver Error or Possible Video Card Failure?
First of all, thanks to anyone in advance for all your help. Im pretty sure that my video card is fried, but I just wanted to check with you guys before making the decision to buy a new one. I started having problems a few weeks ago. Noticed when I started up my computer some days the icons on...
theafterglow Driver Support 22 03-16-2012 01:09 PM
Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working !
Hi guys ... I'm encountering this strange problem which has baffled me to the ground, and which I haven't encountered even after years of doing port forwarding .. ! I am hoping somebody here can help me solve this mystery .. My network configuration is as follows: I have a DSL modem...
ahmadka Networking Support 2 06-24-2011 12:39 PM
[SOLVED] Installed Win 7 - Case become loud
Hi all. I know that im profoundly deaf but im really not happy with my PC as i installed Win 7 and the noise started to raise since extracting windows installion and thought it will be gone as when Win7 loads but since win7 start. the case begin to get loud and loud. I can feel the heavy...
CrazyComputerMan Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 9 02-24-2011 01:52 PM