Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

My built in network adapter is gone (Deep Sleep)

This is a discussion on My built in network adapter is gone (Deep Sleep) within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The issue is my internet connection is gone. I've checked and my Realtek network adapter built into motherboard is gone

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

The issue is my internet connection is gone. I've checked and my Realtek network adapter built into motherboard is gone from devices manager. I've tried installing different version of the driver but it doesn't let me do that. All I get is an error message: "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable." First of all the cable is plugged in. Everything is as it's supposed to be and has been before. I've also tried removing RAM sticks and battery to reset CMOS. I have also reset the CMOS from BIOS. I've checked BIOS for anything such as green power modes etc. Nothing like that is enabled. LAN H/W option is enabled and the other one BOOT LAN or something like that, should be disabled and is disabled. No more ideas what I should do next. Even tried reinstalling the system, without any progress. I can't see my Realtek in devices manager, internet connections, nowhere. My motherboard is Z68X-UD3P-B3. No driver allows me to go through the installation process because of the deep sleep error. I cannot turn that off in any way because I have no options to do that. My adapter is unrecognizable. I don't want to buy a PCI network card as this has been working yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you try Load Default Settings, or something similar, in the BIOS?

Next thing to try, pull your ram modules and leave them out for a while, ten minutes to half an hour, some report that its taken longer.

Put the ram back and boot up, see if the adapter appears.

If this works, let me know and I'll post instructions to stop the issue recurring.

Edit; Sorry, just noticed you said you tried removing ram sticks. How long for though? Maybe try leaving them out a little longer?

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 09-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

For a quick fix buy an external adapter. I find they come in handy.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread