Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

My Asus X555D laptop is having trouble staying connected to the internet

This is a discussion on My Asus X555D laptop is having trouble staying connected to the internet within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am at my university and my laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet. My wireless card is sending

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am at my university and my laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet. My wireless card is sending under 1 million packets while receiving over 10 million. The wireless card is up to date, but it says the DNS server is not responding. Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 04:44 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

If it's actually disconnecting, it's likely a wireless NIC issue. Could be the wifi signal is too low or the NIC is simply faulty.

As for packets, that's normal. You always receive way more packets than you send.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Does the wifi issue only happened at your school university? Have you tried going to a coffee shop that has wireless internet access outside the university? If not, try that and see if the wifi connection on your computer still get's disconnected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

Do you get a message or something telling you your wireless disconnected or do you just stop being able to get online? Does it happen more when you have weak signal?

Finally, do you know anyone else on campus using wifi, and if they are next to you, do they also lose internet?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble with staying connected to the internet
Hello, My laptop has had trouble staying connected to the internet. All other devices at my home work fine, so it is not the router. The laptop stays connected for a varying times (usually about an hour) before it disconnects. When it does, I try to connect back to the network and it goes to...
MissSasha Networking Support 5 02-23-2013 04:39 PM
Trouble staying connected with Win 7, HP, & Realtek 8188CE
Hello to y'all https://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/nerd.png I figure I'll give this posting a shot and try to stay connected long enough to do so! For the past month or so, I've been experiencing some issues where my internet browsing will either not work at all, work intermittently,...
hbrummer Networking Support 7 11-15-2012 10:54 PM
Rootkit Issue
I recently downloaded two small utility programs and they both did their job. After I had, my default browser page became isearch.babylon and tried but failed to sort that. Then my superantispyware told me "A serious rootkit was detected on your machine" message and telling me I had to reboot to...
RayCee Resolved HJT Threads 19 10-04-2012 12:27 PM
Help with removing trojan please
Hello, I have followed the instructions, and have all required logs, all attached and pasted as requested. I do not have a boot disk as although the computer has a licensed copy it was not initially my computer. Data as requested
SimonAJ Resolved HJT Threads 29 01-04-2012 10:19 AM
pix firewall 515E internet problem
Hello this is my pix firewall 515E configuration. Password: Type help or '?' for a list of available commands. pixfirewall> en Password: pixfirewall# show runn : Saved :
uzairsiddiqui Security and Firewalls 0 04-27-2011 05:16 AM