Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Meraki - Complete garbage?

This is a discussion on Meraki - Complete garbage? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey Networking, My mother works from home part time for QVC and has a setup they've provided. There's a slim

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

Hey Networking,

My mother works from home part time for QVC and has a setup they've provided. There's a slim PC with Windows 7 Embedded, a TWC modem, Meraki switch/router, and an Avaya IP phone with a PoE. The problem is that she often gets static on the phone. Her customers can hear her fine but she hears static. The phone was replaced about a week ago and no change. Apparently this has only been an issue since they started using the Meraki units. I don't know much except that it's an 8-port box that is connected to a TWC modem with a built-in router. QVC has even provided a FAQ because of the static issues. Any suggestions on what causes this and what can be done to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Have you changed out telephone wiring to rule out that

Old 04-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

It's coaxial to the modem and ethernet from there. She's had the Meraki swapped as well with all-new cables. Rebooting fixes it for a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

If it is like my VOIP ( Comcast) it is plugged into the house telephone wiring at some point . .

Old 04-23-2016, 02:44 AM   #5
Moderator - Networking

Hi mate.

Static on calls is normally introduced by interference of some sort, although i have seen cases where changing the VoIP codec helped.

Can you tell me more about the phone and how it connects to things? The base unit connects to the POE switch, is the handset wireless or wired?

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Closed Thread