Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

keep losing my wireless connection.

This is a discussion on keep losing my wireless connection. within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all i have real pain in the bottom problem. my PC connects perfectly to the internet to browse it

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all i have real pain in the bottom problem.
my PC connects perfectly to the internet to browse it also allows me to play online games like cod world of tanks ect,
as soon as i start to download anything like windows updates,streaming media i lose my wireless connection.
i have to disconnect and reconnect to get it back on.
its a fresh install of windows 7
network adapter:atheros ar922x
8gb ram
i5 CPU
500gb hd
gtx 750 video card
if anyone could help me plz i am at my wits end trying to figure this out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig.txt (2.2 KB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Sounds like a DNS issue to me, unless you disconnect from the wireless and have to reconnect, in which case that's a different matter.

Try connecting using a static address and pointing your DNS to 8.8.8.8
Old 05-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchConner View Post
Sounds like a DNS issue to me, unless you disconnect from the wireless and have to reconnect, in which case that's a different matter.

Try connecting using a static address and pointing your DNS to 8.8.8.8
hi thanks for the reply,this seems to have done the trick so fingers crossed that i have no more issues.
thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #4
Registered Member

ok still having the same problem any ideas people i a at my wits end.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
Moderator - Networking

Can you show me your ipconfig mate and a shot of nslookup www.bbc.co.uk]
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchConner View Post
Can you show me your ipconfig mate and a shot of nslookup www.bbc.co.uk]
hi sorry for taking so long to reply been working nights....
hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	237314  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig.txt (958 Bytes, 22 views)
Old 06-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

Does it happen with other devices, or just your PC?

I had random connection issues, WiFi only (i.e. no probs when connected w/Ethernet cable), affected only my laptop for the first few weeks, and then gradually other attached devices (iPad, smartphones, not-so-smartphone), and worst a Windows 8 laptop (visitor). Finally called my ISP to check on the router; turns out an automatic firmware update had half-bricked it. Remotely the tech was able to reset it (more completely than I could -- proprietary BS) and reinstall the firmware update. Smooth sailing until the next firmware update, when I had a complete brick. New router now, no issues now.

Probably can't hurt to call your ISP and ask them to do a check on the router, if there are no other obvious solutions.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythorpe522 View Post
Does it happen with other devices, or just your PC?

I had random connection issues, WiFi only (i.e. no probs when connected w/Ethernet cable), affected only my laptop for the first few weeks, and then gradually other attached devices (iPad, smartphones, not-so-smartphone), and worst a Windows 8 laptop (visitor). Finally called my ISP to check on the router; turns out an automatic firmware update had half-bricked it. Remotely the tech was able to reset it (more completely than I could -- proprietary BS) and reinstall the firmware update. Smooth sailing until the next firmware update, when I had a complete brick. New router now, no issues now.

Probably can't hurt to call your ISP and ask them to do a check on the router, if there are no other obvious solutions.
hi,there is only my pc and my phone that use wireless and one other pc that is hardwired.
its so annoying that i cant even watch a youtube video or download a windows update without losing my connection.
Closed Thread