Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

issues with ethernet card/wireless connection

This is a discussion on issues with ethernet card/wireless connection within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Laptop won't connect to network.. trying to connect to wireless we have. It's roughly a 2003 emachine laptop with windows

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #1

Mistake

Laptop won't connect to network..
trying to connect to wireless we have. It's roughly a 2003 emachine laptop with windows xp.
anyway.. this is what it is telling me...
varios icons in lower right.. 2 comps with X saying Local Area Connection 2 A Netowrk Cable is Unplugged

1 comp icon with little waves and a red saying Connection 2 Not Connected, Right click for more options. And there is also another icon down there of a little red check mark with a red button type thing and an X on it, saying Wireless Network Connection 2 Radio is Disabled.

So I try turning on this "radio" and it says Enabled when i locate the setting in the Broadcom 802.11g Network adapter properties.

I don't really know what info you all need, as I am totally lost with all of this.

Under network adapters in the Device Manager it shows the Broadcom 802.11g network adapter and it also shows SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

ANY IDEAS ON WHATS GOING ON? Any help is appreciated

Also.. when i check the configuration and status it says the devices are working properly for both the network and ethernet adapters. what is going on hereeee???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

seems like no one knows what to do to help me.. ahhh! lol
Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
seems like no one knows what to do to help me.. ahhh! lol
I have read your post several times...and can not make sense of most of it...So I am unable to determine if I have the knowledge to help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
Citizen of the world

Please don't post duplicate threads. Continue the problem resolution here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/...rk-323385.html
Closed Thread