Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Is my network card broken?

This is a discussion on Is my network card broken? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone! This is my first post herw, and as you can see from the title, I suspect that my

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone! This is my first post herw, and as you can see from the title, I suspect that my neywork card is broken. Here's the situarion: So at about yesterday at 9 PM, my internet (wired) on my desktop has stopped working, I left it for the night, and when I woke up, all the internet in the house is working, wireless and wired, so i borrowed my friend's laptop, and plugged the internet wire in my room to their comp and it was fine, does that mean that my network card may be broken? (idk if this affected it, but i spilled water on my keyboard like 2 nights before, would that have caused this?) idk what to do, and i don't want to jump to conclusions, if you know what's happening, please reply, and thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
2xg
TSF Team, Emeritus

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Welcome to TSF,

It can be a variety of reasons, we can't jump in to a conclusion yet if not sure what's the real issue here.

Try a System Restore from your computer, go back to a point when you were able to connect. Here's a Tutorial.

If that didn't work please provide us an ipconfig /all output on your next post. You may transfer the info into a USB flash drive from a working computer.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do i disable intel's graphics?
I know that my PC comes with something similiar to a graphics card, it is even wired into my windows 8 settings all by itself. I am having a tech problem, and i believe the display card is the main problem as everything else seems to check, how can i disable it and go back to the display card-less...
aayushagra Video Card Support 37 03-25-2013 09:29 AM
Weird Behavior with Realtek RTL8187se Wireless Network Card
Hello, everyone. I've done quite a few searches, and have found a number of people with problems with this particular wireless networking card, but nothing quite like this one and some are possibly related to my problem. So....helping out a friend with a Systemax laptop, which has an Intel...
True Blue 45 Networking Support 7 08-29-2012 01:19 AM
Network card in HP desktop stopped working
I Have a HP dc5000MT desktop. I run an ethernet cable from its network card {Broad NetXtreme Gigabit} to a Westell 327W router{this has worked for the last four years}. My laptop connects to the internet through this router using wireless and for test purposes through the ethernet port. I...
Edbobfamily Cabling and Network Cards 17 01-14-2012 11:14 AM
Rootkit Zero Access Trojan / Virus
System Dell Duo inspiron 1090 Windows 7 Home Premium Machine has been infected by above mentioned virus this was deduced by running task manager and the top process read something 778686798.123456.exe then browsing google to see what I could find it couldn't be stopped and it has disabled all virus...
bigfoot57 Resolved HJT Threads 78 11-30-2011 02:31 PM