Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Internet Connection Cutting Out On Computer

This is a discussion on Internet Connection Cutting Out On Computer within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The internet on my computer tends to cut out or become very slow. Sometimes it's my router but most of

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

The internet on my computer tends to cut out or become very slow. Sometimes it's my router but most of the time I can connect with my phone and watch HD YouTube videos.

Details:
Wireless Connection
Provider: AT&T
I'm not sure what broadband I'm using. All I know is that my Wifi comes from a router that us plugged into the wall.
I use a D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN Desktop Adapter
The only Anti-virus software I use is Malwarebytes, which I run full scans with weekly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	144697  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ipconfig.txt (4.8 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

-80 is not a robust signal and you will experience disconnects - how far away are you from the router ?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

I would say I'm about 30-50 feet from my router and there's a couple walls and a floor between. The problem is my internet has been pretty good up until the last couple weeks where it has been cutting out a lot. It started after a power outage; I have an old surge protector so I thought there shouldn't be any damage.

There are two routers in my house: 2WIRE and artemis. artemis is farther away and usually gives me a slower connection so I like not using it, but lately it has been the only router showing up in my wireless connection manager. Generally I have 60% signal from artemis and 80% signal from 2WIRE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking

appears the power outage may have damaged the wireless as the difference in those signals is quite small

can you try moving the router - if it has an external aerial move by 90 degrees

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspect virus that is undetected
It seems that IE 8 is not loading pages well. As I navigate through websites, I get stuttering and have to wait for the page to load. I am getting many instances where I have unresponsive pages. This is escalating to 10 or more times a day and on various websites. A couple of days ago, I...
Ladysmith94 Resolved HJT Threads 58 09-22-2013 07:56 AM
CPU at 100% most of the time.
Hi guys, Lately I have been having a problem with my PC. On several occasions my PC has slowed right down and virtually ground to a halt. When I've checked it with Task Manager, it shows that the processor is running at 100%, and that there are over 40 processes running at once. This can happen...
Hairymartin1966 Resolved HJT Threads 35 08-09-2013 11:33 AM
FBI.Cybercrime lock-out
Hello and thank you in advance for helping me. I am locked out of my computer with a notice from "FBI.Cybercrime" to pay a fine or the FBI will be here to haul me off to prison. I received a suggestion that through Bleeping Computers I would find the instructions to follow for self help removal...
Cathy95820 Resolved HJT Threads 34 05-06-2013 03:49 AM
Selection Links
Hi, I've ended up with Selection Links attached to Google Chrome. I've tried to remove it in the usual, low-tech savvie ways and it's not worked. It is not listed in the Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program section of the Control Tab. Under Chrome Extensions, it is listed but...
mthwrd Resolved HJT Threads 42 04-05-2013 06:36 PM
Suspect audio virus and tool bar removal
Good evening and thank you for your efforts so far. I use an Acer AX1200-B1581A running Win 7 64 bit. Every audio source that I play is interrupted with silence or tone intervention. This includes internet sources as well as CD drive. I am older, my glasses are in the shop and I sincerely hope I...
sonofwilliam Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-19-2013 08:30 AM