Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Interference with twisted pair cabling

This is a discussion on Interference with twisted pair cabling within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please excuse me since I'm new to Networking. I know that twisted pair cabling is twisted to prevent electromagnetic interference.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Please excuse me since I'm new to Networking. I know that twisted pair cabling is twisted to prevent electromagnetic interference. I work in a 911 center in a small town and of course we have no IT department in the entire county. We outsource all the work to different vendors and when there's a problem no one wants to admit that their equipment is causing the problem. We we are having very bad interference with our telephone lines in the building. The longer you stay on the phone the louder and more interference enters the line. We have a telephone switching device ( Here is a link to the picture) This device is located in our server room. It seems obvious to me from what I've learned about networking that these twisted pairs should not be exposed this much, but I've not been in networking long enough to know if this exposure is enough to cause all the problems we are having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 04:27 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

You need to get that re-cabled that mate. You don't patch phones four at a time with the same cable. And no, if your connecting to an RJ11 or RJ45 plug you shouldn't have any wiring exposed.

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Closed Thread