Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

HP TouchSmart IQ790 wifi card location

This is a discussion on HP TouchSmart IQ790 wifi card location within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Does anyone know where the wifi card is located on the HP TouchSmart IQ790? I've got the plastic covers off

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 04:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Does anyone know where the wifi card is located on the HP TouchSmart IQ790?

I've got the plastic covers off and can't see the it. Could it be located in the monitor?

Any help would be grateful.

Cheers,
fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2015, 05:03 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Due to the devices age the wi-fi card will be fairly large (compared to modern cards) and should be located in a slot on the motherboard.
Most likely in a mini-pci slot.
With the Processor on the top surface furthest away from you, I think it is in the bottom left corner of the board.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Did a bit of research and found the wireless card is remote mounted, and as you suspected may be part of the screen or behind the top panel, possibly behind another component. The exact location eludes me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther063 View Post
Due to the devices age the wi-fi card will be fairly large (compared to modern cards) and should be located in a slot on the motherboard.
Most likely in a mini-pci slot.
With the Processor on the top surface furthest away from you, I think it is in the bottom left corner of the board.
Nope :(

Some pictures of the naked IQ790:

Rear view:

Rear view close up:

Front view:

Front view close up of left-hand side:

Front view close up of right-hand side:

fred
Old 05-24-2015, 05:20 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks for input panther. I'll see if I can get the screen plastics off.

Has anyone taken one of the screens apart? Would like to know of a procedure with removing the plastics before I end up breaking something :/

Cheers
fred
Old 05-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

The wireless cards I have seen online for your model are similar to the small green card in the last picture, bottom left.
Does the sticker include an SSID number or part number that relates to wireless?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #7
Registered Member

No, that little card is for some LED indicator lights at the front of the computer
Closed Thread