Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Home Theater to internet

This is a discussion on Home Theater to internet within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Samsung model LN40A450C1DXZA LCD TV. I would like to connect it to the internet. I would prefer

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Samsung model LN40A450C1DXZA LCD TV. I would like to connect it to the internet. I would prefer a direct LAN connection to my hub via RJ45. The back of the TV has 3 HDMI ports. Can I use a cable (or cable box) that converts the HDMI to RJ45 and be successful? I am thinking about trying Sling for the live TV connection. Does anyone have an suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Hi mate. You can't convert HDMI to RJ45 unfortunately, if it doesn't have it's own LAN port or wireless, you won't be able to do this.

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Old 09-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That doesn't appear to be a "Smart TV" model, so why connect it to the network? I also don't see in the specs that it supports network connectivity, which isn't surprising as it's not a smart tv. So connecting the TV to the network isn't possible and would serve no purpose anyway.

You mention SlingTV, so to do that, you need a device which supports that service. Whichever device you choose to use, THAT is the device which you connect to the network. That device then connects to the TV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you JimE. I have a Samsung BluRay that might connect to the network and it connects to the TV.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

blueray, xbox, roku, slingbox, point is you need a device tied to a internet provider that has a hdmi video output port to the TV.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
url:mal virus
I am in need of expert assistance in removal the nemesis virus "url:mal" . I've also seen pop up from Avast blocking "url:mal2". I tried running gmr and something prevents it from completion, so I'm not sure if it will give you the data you need:sad: Thanks in advance.:bang head: Dell...
Larry Crooms Resolved HJT Threads 35 01-14-2014 04:16 AM
CPU constantly at 100% as laptop slows to a halt
Hey guys (and gals), You all helped me out tremendously a cpl yrs ago and Iím hoping you can help me again. After indulging the latest Windows Automatic Update about a month ago my laptop has since slowed significantly and the CPU Performance level has been continually at 100%. Despite...
lebruskiere Resolved HJT Threads 53 01-13-2014 04:42 AM
Dell is running SO SLOW
Hi, I know next to nothing about most of what I'm finding on this site, but the step-by-steps are helpful! My Dell Insprion 1525 is running so slow, I can barely even run internal scans to find out what's wrong. It just took over 90 minutes to run my "Windows Experience Index." iTunes is no...
rebel150 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-05-2012 09:28 AM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 06:36 PM
Possible Virus/Trojan?
I'm having issues with ZoneAlarm not being able to activate anti-virus/anti-spyware. I've updated the a.v. database as well as the app itself to the latest versions but still cannot get av/as to activate. It remains disabled and the option to turn it on is grayed out. I'm also unable to get...
Dan V. Resolved HJT Threads 35 03-28-2011 08:29 AM