Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

having trouble bridging connection

This is a discussion on having trouble bridging connection within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This morning I was bridging my internet connection from my laptop (Windows XP) to my desktop (windows 7) without any

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

This morning I was bridging my internet connection from my laptop (Windows XP) to my desktop (windows 7) without any trouble. I had been doing this for awhile and I was also able to bridge the connection to my xbox as well. I then downloaded and installed xprovpn to privatize my internet connection. It ended up causing my wireless connection on my laptop go down and I then had to remove and delete the bridge. Upon trying to reestablish the bridge, the internet on both the laptop and PC stop working. The laptop remains connected to the wifi signal but I cannot access websites or go online at all. I have tried uninstalling both the wireless network card and LAN card and reinstalling them to no avail. If anyone knows how to solve this infuriating problem it would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

bump please
Old 10-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Please see the https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-573730.html.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no audio after installing XP Pro SP3 to IBM T60
Sound worked fine before installing XP Pro SP3......after instal, no audio. No audio after installing XP Pro SP3 (from disc) on an IBM/Lenovo T60 ThinkPad. IBM/Lenovo drivers from Lenovo Support site for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" are not recognized when trying to install...
Ray G Windows XP Support 19 11-20-2012 07:15 AM
Internet connection dropping every few minutes
Hello! For the past three days I've been having issues where my internet connection will go through long periods (several hours at a time) in which the connection drops every few minutes on all devices in my home (wireless connection). I can't stay connected long enough to work from home by day,...
panja Networking Support 11 08-26-2012 01:14 PM
Internet connection drops, latency spikes
Hi, Will appreciate any help you guys can give. After reading this thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/i-keep-getting-this-yellow-exclamation-point-on-my-wireless-654082.html I think maybe I just need a new router. But I enjoy picking up basic troubleshooting tips when...
tortilla chips Networking Support 20 08-07-2012 06:16 PM
[SOLVED] Connection Trouble
Greetings guys and gals bit of a problem so I thought I would reach out.. Working on a Panasonic toughbook running XP SP3. Connected to a wireless network that is verified working. Wireless connection worked fine as well as all of the programs that I wanted to run. Tested everything...
oogles36 Networking Support 10 04-03-2012 07:47 AM
Wireless connection frequently dropping
Hello, this would be my first post and I would like to say that it's amazing there's a group of people that help other people fix computer problems...sounds simple but that's amazing. The fact that it's free...:pray: Ok, well, I have a wireless Motorola modem that is hardwired to a computer that...
viewfinder88 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 4 07-23-2011 07:42 AM