Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Fiber Optics Certification

This is a discussion on Fiber Optics Certification within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am looking for everyone's suggestion on which is the best route to obtain a Fiber Optics certification. Will be

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am looking for everyone's suggestion on which is the best route to obtain a Fiber Optics certification.

Will be moving in 5 months to follow my fiancÚ so she can start her grad school in Oregon.

As my current company is not established there, I will be looking for a new job. Looking to better myself.

I see online CFOT and someone told me to get a Bixie cert. I see a lot of classes, but will not be able to take those as they are during the day, so it will be more of a self study....

Any assistance would be appreciated!

M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
Troubled

hello there!

I believe the best certification you could get is the one with the FOA.
The Fiber Optic Association certification for general fiber optics is the appropiate for extensive knowledge in fiber optics technology and applications.

Here is the web site of the FOA CFOT: The Fiber Optic Association CFOT Certification

Good luck and welcome to the fiber optics world.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simplex 07/99 Fiber
Hello all, Years ago I networked 2 building together with Cat 5e. I also ran Fiber for future use. The cat 5 has since gone bad and it is time to use the fiber. The fiber is: Seicor Optical Cable 07/99 SM Fiber TBII OFN FT6 It is single mode and contains 2 Fibers.
blackd1am0nd Networking Support 0 05-13-2015 10:07 PM
Fiber light tester
Hello. I'm new here so I hope I put this post in the correct section. When working with fiber one has to be concerned with eye safety. With that in mind is there a simple tester that will tell you what side the light is on or if you have a light at all without looking directly into the Gbic or...
imkzru Cabling and Network Cards 1 09-12-2014 01:33 AM
HP Officejet 4500 wireless all in one and fiber optics
I recently switched from DSL to fiber optics. I also have a HP wireless desktop. Since switching to FO I have been unable to print. I have tried reinstalling, troubleshooting, etc. No luck. Can anyone tell me how to set up my wireless printer. The message I keep getting is that my printer is...
bob2kat2 Printer Support 1 03-18-2013 04:35 PM
Old fiber switches and media converters
I have some old fiber stuff around and decided to put it to use to get gigabit over a long run, replacing an unreliable wireless setup. I have 2 fiber to copper media converters, Trendnet TFC-1000MSC. I was simply going to use those to extend the copper at both ends between modern gigabit...
javier911 Networking Support 0 05-19-2011 12:24 PM