Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Does Network Card override Motherboard Ethernet Port?

This is a discussion on Does Network Card override Motherboard Ethernet Port? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have recently moved my computer sch that it is within reasonable reach of an Ethernet connection, but prior to

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have recently moved my computer sch that it is within reasonable reach of an Ethernet connection, but prior to this I used a Wireless Networking card (a TP-Link I believe). However, when I plug it in (into the motherboard port), I get no kind of connection. I had a similar experience when I first built my computer, and tried to connect my monitor to the motherboard and got no output (I thought I needed to install some drivers before using the already inserted Graphics card.).
TL;DR So is the Network card (With no Ethernet port) overriding the mother board (With the ethernet port).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
Game Team Tech

First you need check in Device manager the your ethernet (lan device) is working and is enabled. In windows 10 right click the windows icon then click on device manager, click on network adapters, right click to enable it, for example mine says realtek PCie FE Family controller.

Also you will have to check in your bios settings to make sure the network card is enabled, also graphics card to use it, switch from onboard graphics to pci express,

To find you motherboard info install cpuz
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.80-en.exe

open installing it open it up and click on the mainboard tab, write down the Motherboard Make and model number, then post on here so I can find drivers if you don't have the disk.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do i disable intel's graphics?
I know that my PC comes with something similiar to a graphics card, it is even wired into my windows 8 settings all by itself. I am having a tech problem, and i believe the display card is the main problem as everything else seems to check, how can i disable it and go back to the display card-less...
aayushagra Video Card Support 37 03-25-2013 09:29 AM
Problems
I believe I have some corruption and/or malware on this system. Its an overall pain in the butt. Here is DDS: DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16450 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.5.1 Run by Josh at 9:20:56 on 2012-12-01
Jtsou Inactive Malware Help Topics 48 12-21-2012 06:55 AM
CPUTIN Extremely High please help
https://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Wabisuke_42/****.jpg it shows my cpu temp locked at 99c on speed test. Why am i getting such a high read on that and such good core temps D: any help is apperciated
Necta42 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 09-06-2012 01:57 PM
Driver Error or Possible Video Card Failure?
First of all, thanks to anyone in advance for all your help. Im pretty sure that my video card is fried, but I just wanted to check with you guys before making the decision to buy a new one. I started having problems a few weeks ago. Noticed when I started up my computer some days the icons on...
theafterglow Driver Support 22 03-16-2012 01:09 PM
RAM memory in BIOS
Hello When im trying to clock my RAM memory in BIOS its all gray. Any suggestions? "BIOS-Version and -date. American Megatrends Inc. 3.24, 2005-08-11" And installed RAM is only 512
Abfe Overclocking 6 01-27-2011 12:33 PM