Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Disabling my laptop from internet access

This is a discussion on Disabling my laptop from internet access within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a laptop currently running windows 8 I plan to have this laptop strictly offline due to the

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, I have a laptop currently running windows 8

I plan to have this laptop strictly offline due to the sensitive nature of the data on it

Aside from physically disabling the hardware such as the ethernet port, wireless card and the bluetooth. which i believe to be integrated to the motherboard, i would like to know of all the different methods of disabling their function, i do not know all of the different methods but have done a couple things.

What I have tried: I went into the device manager and disabled all of the networking drivers and bluetooth drivers. this may be enough, but i am a man of overkill. double-tapping the issue may put me more at ease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Welcome to TSF!

Software settings can be changed back much easier than trying to repair intentionally disconnected|disabled|damaged hardware.

I'm just saying ...
Old 06-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I wouldn't disable the hardware as you never know what problems can ensue from that why not just pull the ethernet cable or turn off the wireless signal. Most laptops have a combination of keys to do that or a switch on the outside of the laptop.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Often timers the a laptop's WiFi card comes out farily easily. For example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=leno...ptop+wifi+card
Closed Thread