Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

D-link wda 2320 intermittent internet problems

This is a discussion on D-link wda 2320 intermittent internet problems within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can detect other networks but not always the home network. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it doesn't. When

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 02:02 AM   #1
gd1
Registered Member

I can detect other networks but not always the home network. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it doesn't. When I do automatic troubleshooting it says to reset the adapter (I'll try to get a picture of this too next time it happens).

Here is a screen shot of Xirrus if that helps:
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps9f69c871.png
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 03:02 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

The signal from the access point is very weak . . How far is the PC from the router?

Old 09-23-2014, 03:02 AM   #3
gd1
Registered Member

Maybe 20 feet?

Edit: Thanks for the warm welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Is there any thick walls, appliances or mirrors in the direct line between the router and PC?

Can you move the PC to see of the signal is better?

Old 09-23-2014, 03:29 AM   #5
gd1
Registered Member

There's walls between the router (I'm not sure they're too thick), but the analog to digital converter box TV is a floor below the computer. Also a few mirrors are on the first floor too. The PC itself is a tower so moving it is... meh.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:32 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

With a signal that weak, the connection will not be stable . . You might consider a range extender somewhere half way between the router and pc

Old 09-23-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
gd1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
With a signal that weak, the connection will not be stable . . You might consider a range extender somewhere half way between the router and pc
Thing is, I don't remember it having problems like this before. But 6 months ago is a long time. I thought it might be the adapter wearing out or something. However, I guess all the stuff in between the adapter does make sense as a possible problem.

EDIT: I gotta go to sleep, and I don't want to keep you awake too much longer either so I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:56 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

I just got up so no worries . . you could try moving the router to see if the signal strength improves . . or the antennae if it has external ones

Old 09-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
gd1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
I just got up so no worries . . you could try moving the router to see if the signal strength improves . . or the antennae if it has external ones
I think I may do that some time when no one is around just to be sure. For now, I've turned off the lights between the router and my computer.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:31 AM   #10
gd1
Registered Member

Can't seem to edit so... here's some links to what it looks like when it goes down.
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps47227296.png
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps2ed9e9f0.png
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psa5e37178.png
Old 09-24-2014, 04:05 AM   #11
TSF Team, Emeritus

No signal at all in those . .

Closed Thread