Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Code 10 Error Intel Nic

This is a discussion on Code 10 Error Intel Nic within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Strange start to this problem. I'm not one hundred percent sure it's the cause, but I'm fairly sure it

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

Strange start to this problem.

I'm not one hundred percent sure it's the cause, but I'm fairly sure it is the only thing that changed.

I booted my computer up after changing the graphics card (using DDU and booting into safe mode), and couldn't connect to the internet. Installed the new graphics drivers anyway (I always download them beforehand). GPU works fine. Tried using the windows troubleshooter (fat lot of good it did, as per usual). Tried a power cycle. nada.

Even though this seems to have been brought about by a hardware change, I'm sure it's just some software/driver **** up, possibly caused by booting into safe mode. (Although, knowing my luck, it could be completely unrelated.)

Intel I217-V Nic onboard
ASUS Maximus VI Hero motherboard

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Are you sure you booted up in "Safe mode with networking"?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Code 10 means the hardware can't start. The usual solution is to simply reinstall the drivers.

You can get the drivers from the Asus website.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi SpywareDr,

DDU boots into safe mode without networking by default, but it didn't return after booting into windows proper.

Hi JimE,

Tried installing both sets of LAN drivers available at: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MA...Desk_Download/ , and rebooted for good measure. No change unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Remove the NIC in Device Manager, reboot, enter the BIOS, and disable the NIC, save the settings and boot into Windows. After Windows is loaded, reboot into the BIOS, enable the NIC, save the settings, boot into Windows and install the latest drivers (although Windows should find the hardware and attempt to install drivers on it's own).

You could skip the BIOS part, but I usually go that route so that you can verify Windows loads without any issues and that the hardware (in this case the NIC) was actually removed.

You can also boot into Safe Mode with networking. That will at least confirm if the NIC is still functional. If it does work in Safe Mode, and the above noted process doesn't work, I'd suspect Windows is borked. If it also doesn't work in Safe Mode, then it's likely a hardware fault.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #6
Registered Member

Sorry for the late reply, had a very hot and busy weekend. Hope yours went well.

Tried your method, no joy. Ditto in safe mode w/ networking.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help so far.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

If it's not working anywhere, I'm with Jim, sounds like a hardware problem.

You might try booting and running the computer with Linux (Ubuntu) on a USB flash drive and see if it works there. If not, sounds like it's dead.
Closed Thread