Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

cell phone hotspot on a wireless repeater?

This is a discussion on cell phone hotspot on a wireless repeater? within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i am looking to connect a wireless repeater to my cell phones foxfi(hot spot)i like to use this because it

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

i am looking to connect a wireless repeater to my cell phones foxfi(hot spot)i like to use this because it gives me unlimited data without restrictions

in the repeater i went into the settings ip and set it to repeater mode found my foxfi wireless network but it asks for a Pre-Shared Key i tried entering my normal password i would normally enter into a laptop but it didnt work, what it did was said restarting and said to reconnect but no internet

how do i connect my cellphone foxfi (hotspot) to a wireless reapeater

it also has ap and router modes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

"it asks for a Pre-Shared Key"

this is the wifi password not your password. You set this wifi password when you setup the phone hot spot.

Make and model of repeater?
Old 08-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
Registered Member

Comfast Cf wr302s.

Here's what happens I login to the Comcast network I sign into its interface then I select the repeater option( there is also AP mode and router mode) it says wait for 10 seconds while scanning Networks then it shows my cell phone internet I select it then it asks for the pre-shared key after that it restarts and I have to connect to the Comcast again

The repeater has a push button to connect to a router but my cell phone doesn't have a router button on it

Actually it would be nice if I can just connect to any network in this fashion and just enter its password rather than having to hard-coded in to One Network the ability to do many Networks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

"The repeater has a push button to connect to a router but my cell phone doesn't have a router button on it

I believe you are referring to WPS [windows protected setup].

" it asks for the pre-shared key after that it restarts and I have to connect to the Comcast again"

After it restarts you shouldn't have to connect to the repeater interface again. You would then connect what ever other wif device to wifi repeater via its ssid and wpa2 passwd you set for the wifi.

What are you trying to connect to the repeater?
Old 09-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
Registered Member

A computer, I can see the network that I want to connect to but can't connect to it, I can see the wireless repeater and connect to it easily when I do the repeater setup it doesn't increase the signal out of the network I want to connect to so I see both original Network and repeater network

Are you saying I'm supposed to try to connect to the network directly rather connecting to the repeater Comcast because I can see both the networks

I'm saying I cannot use the button at all authenticate the repeater because it's a cellphone unless I don't know how to do it , is there a way to get my cell phone to broadcast a WPS signal or whatever you call it to have the repeater connect to it that way?

The network has a password on it also
Old 10-22-2017, 01:20 AM   #6
Registered Member

I got it working the first times I tried it froze the repeater but when I got it working I renamed the default network name maybe that was buggy.. I just selected the network entered the password and it worked
Closed Thread