Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Cabling and Network Cards

User Tag List

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter NOT WORKING properly!? (Screenshots inside)

This is a discussion on Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter NOT WORKING properly!? (Screenshots inside) within the Cabling and Network Cards forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Laptop: Acer Aspire 5820TG Network adapter: Broadcom 802.11n OS: Windows 7 I've had this laptop since 2011 or so. I

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 03:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5820TG
Network adapter: Broadcom 802.11n

I've had this laptop since 2011 or so. I cannot recall it having a network adapter problem before. However, earlier yesterday everything was working fine. Then, when I came home from work and opened the laptop there was no wifi-symbol on the taskbar, but a red X over the ethernet-symbol...

I've tried to re-install the driver from the Acer website ( Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site), but when doing that it tells me to "use the Found New Hardware Wizard to complete the driver installation". I cannot find this...

This is what it looks like under Device Manager:

When I click update driver under Device Manager, it tells me I have the newest updated driver:

How can I fix this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Try deleting the Ethernet/LAN adapter in Device Manager, reboot and Windows should do its Scanning for New Hardware routine and re-set it up for you.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
Try deleting the Ethernet/LAN adapter in Device Manager, reboot and Windows should do its Scanning for New Hardware routine and re-set it up for you.
There is no problem with my ethernet connection though (as I am using that right now).

I tried to uninstall the Broadcom Network Adapter and "Scan for hardware changes", but this was unsuccessful (see pic):

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Then you might try using Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.
Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore
If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.
Closed Thread