Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Why Has My Static IP Been FUBARed?

This is a discussion on Why Has My Static IP Been FUBARed? within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A few years back I set up a static IP address in the IPv4 properties of my network adapter. I

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

A few years back I set up a static IP address in the IPv4 properties of my network adapter. I researched all the steps, got the info I needed for the DNS servers, set up a custom IP address number and successfully forwarded the port settings in my Linksys router. Everything has been golden for a long time now.

Until last week...

I recently swapped out my motherboard and for some reason that killed my static IP connection. I've not been able to get it to work under the old settings and had to set it back to automatic to get online. I've checked the info in the ipconfig and ipconfig /all rundown and none of the info seems to be any different.

I did get a notice when first upgrading about some type of conflicting/duplicate network that was named form the old motherboard, but I don't see it listed anywhere where I can delete it.

Is there a way to flush out/reset my old settings to make way for the new setup and get the static IP configured under the upgraded hardware for port forwarding once again?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2016, 05:43 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The only thing that may need to be checked is the router cache. There should be a page where you can view all connections. Check to see if the static IP and old MAC are still listed. If so, there is usually a button on the page to clear the cache.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

"I recently swapped out my motherboard and for some reason that killed my static IP connection"

Sounds like you has set a reserved ip address in the router, which is based on the mac address of your network interface, and when you changed nics your reservation in the router became invalid.

Simply set the reservation in the router to the new mac address and everything should work again.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VPN issues CISCO
Hello all. I recently switched providers and I am having trouble accessing the internet network from VPN. Any suggestions?
mrw5641 Networking Support 146 11-20-2015 10:06 AM
Cannot ping 10.0.0.105/24 from 10.0.0.2/24 until some considerable time has passed
Can anyone tell me why I cannot successfully ping 10.0.0.105 from 10.0.0.2 until some considerable time has passed? Can anyone tell me how I can configure things so that I can always successfully ping 10.0.0.105? Now for the detail. The relevant computer running Windows has two network cards....
Svet Networking Support 0 03-16-2015 03:30 PM
IOS commands for static and default route
Hi everyone, Recently when I was trying to implement static and default route in packet tracer but it fail to implement. May I know whether there is any error in my command? In Router1: Router>enable Router#configure terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z....
Bluking Protocols and Routing 1 01-06-2012 05:24 PM
Cisco commands for static and default route
Hi everyone, Recently when I was trying to implement static and default route in packet tracer but it fail to implement. May I know whether there is any error in my command? In Router1: Router>enable Router#configure terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z....
Bluking Certification & Career 5 12-24-2011 01:19 AM
[SOLVED] Joomla ----> Problems
Hi, I am trying to build a website but with Joomla for the first time but I'm stuck. I don't know what to do and apart form that I am getting these errors: Strict Standards: Static function JDatabase::test() should not be abstract in...
Matteus Web Design & Development 9 12-05-2011 05:55 PM