Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Which Model for Modem-Router for Xfinity / Comcast services?

This is a discussion on Which Model for Modem-Router for Xfinity / Comcast services? within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Modem - Router for Comcast / Xfinity : I am trying to purchase the comcast / xfinity internet service and

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Modem - Router for Comcast / Xfinity :

I am trying to purchase the comcast / xfinity internet service and for that, I need
Docsis 3.0 system any good modem may be at 300-35 mbps can transfer the signals,..

It could be Arries, Netgear, Motorola, or so company,..

Also, I need at least 2-4 outlet ports on back, so I do not need to buy a separate Router,..

I have many models in mind and confused about which is better and why,..

I may buy the speed around 50 / 50 sped only and not higher speeds, as they are expensive,..

Does all come as router and Modem as one combined piece?

What diff it makes if there are two versus 4 outlets on the back ?

Could you extend any input or advice among these modems,.. Xb3 or XB6? Or XGB3? Which is better? Why ?

TG 1682G Arries

SB6120, SB6121, SB6141

TG 862G Arries

Arris SBG 7580 AC

Netgear C6900

Netgear C7000V2

SBG 6900AC

MG 7550

Netgear R8000

SBG 7580 AC

SBG 6700AC

TC 7610

SB 6183

C7000 Netgear

AR18722G

CM700

These are few suggested Model names and Models ,Ö

Can you suggest which be better why and how, from experiences? Thx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Any hardware which they provide will handle the speeds of the package which you select.

I recommend a separate modem and router as opposed to a modem/router combo unit.

You could rent the hardware from Comcast, or buy your own, which would save money in the long run but reduces the amount of tech support Comcast will provide. So it depends on your skill level.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
I need help with MS explorer.exe problems!
I have a multitude of problems that might have to do with MS explorer.exe not working right. **Before we start. This is a work PC so I can not do a fresh reinstall of the OS. I know that would be most peoples solution. Iím looking for a non-Nuke & Reboot option. My Acer Aspire 5738Z Win7...
NYKrumrie Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 04-09-2012 11:48 PM
PC cannot download any files or watch Youtube videos
So I'm helping my friend out with an issue he's been having with his computer (the one in the title). He took it to Staples before asking me and, bless their hearts, the best thing they could think of trying was to downgrade to IE9. Gotta love 'em. Anyway, we have tried many things so far. You...
Stabe Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 02-12-2012 05:08 PM
One website will not load properly for me.
Hi, Over the past few days I have noticed that one particular website, mypoints.com, will not load for me on my main desktop computer no matter which browser I attempt to access the website on. I have tried IE (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage), Google Chrome (Oops! Google Chrome...
Falk25 Networking Support 36 01-23-2012 05:28 PM